View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
raamaudio

As cars drop in value there tends to be an increase in less educated buyers picking them up and following the lead of others less informed about real performance. All the while thinking they are being individual but just following along with some fad as you posted, which is not at all being individual.

Kind of like the really goofy clothes many wear not realizing it is just another part of being a sheeple and paying silly prices to look silly and making the fat cats fatter while living off of those less inclined to think for themselves.

I grew up in the muscle car era, never owned one, never wanted one, driving a 510, modified at that, was exceptionally rare where I grew up, only two others I knew of and they were not like what I did. Closest I came to a muscle car and not really one, I have a 53 Studebaker body, the really sleek one, and an 02 Z06 chassis I was going to build a pro tour out of but not a trailer queen, a hard core driver with intentions of open road events, Bonneville, track days, time trials, etc but also capable of cross country travel towing a 1946 tear drop trailer I bought to restore as well.

The major part of any big project is in the thought process, I built that car in my mind enough times all that was left was the dirty work and I decided I did not want to get that dirty any longer so going to sell it off.

It would be fun to drive a 200MPH Studevette, Boosted LS, 12" wide front, 13" wide rear wheels, both with WIDE tires, under 3klbs, massive sound quality but take your head off audio system(10"mids, custom horns, dual 21" subs) fully caged, fire system, fire retardant upholstery(I bought the commercial sewing machine to do that part as well, I know how)

It would obviously get a lot of attention but it would also be quiet, when I wanted it to be, monochrome silver, just clean and as low key as possible yet a full out supercar that would still get at least 25MPG if not closer to 30.

Building something like that is a bit more unique than slamming a car, skinny arse tires on wide wheels, etc....................not unique in the least, just copy cat stuff.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote