View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
Earl

Vehicles

Update: Yetserday I took off from a stop sign a little roudy to clean up some carbon buildup. Shifted at between 5-6000rpm and then went into second up to there again and then shifted into fourth since I have the beautiful early transmission problem. Anyways when I came to a rest at the stop sign I started blowing some wicked white smoke. I thought I magically blew my headgasket=( It was running fine but just smoking heavily. Took off slowly when the light turned green and it started sputtering for a few seconds and then went fine and the smoke was getting less and less. Then all of a sudden it stopped smoking and ran great. Got home, took it out of gear, and opened the hood. Nothing bad looking under there. Go to the exhaust, zero smoke and it doesn't smell sweet. Revved it a bunch to try to prompt it to smoke and not a damn thing....I am going to do a compression test today or tomorrow to make sure it isn't a headgasket. The PO told me he replaced the head about 20,000 miles before I got the car. I was thinking intake manifold gasket and that the coolant got sucked past it doing the hard pull.
But also in this inspection I found a cracked hose off of my intake boot and want to replace it. I can't find a diagram to save my life to figure out the part number. I stole this picture and hope it is okay if I use it. Mine was fixed up by someone exactly the same as this picture states=/

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohb View Post
Im Jelly.. enough said.

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote