View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #46
Timberwoof

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmand View Post
Old thread resurrection! Where does that plastic air baffle sit in there? I was just in there on mine the other day and didn't see anything like that.
The plastic air baffle is a flimsy piece of plastic that clips into the upper edge of the air inlet opening and sits over the air filters. It's probably a bear to get back in without breaking. I left mine out after also leaving out the filters which I tried to clean. The plan is to put new filters and the plastic thingie back in there.

When you have the filters and their odd-shaped duct-housing things out, take the opportunity to poke your shop vac's narrow nozzle around in there. My car, with ~200,000 miles, used to live in a pine forest—I can tell by the debris in there.

When you take the filter duct clip things out, keep the right one on the right side and the left one on the left side. The two screws are on the right side of the car, by the battery; the one is on the left, by the brake booster. (As seen by the driver sitting in the driver's seat in a LHD car. I don't know how they're set up in the UK.) I have seen instructions that reverse this!
Timberwoof is offline   Reply With Quote