View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
Fivecats

Default Broke one side of the glove box handle

Sigh.

My daughter had too much stuff in the glove box, it wouldn't open easily, so she promptly lifted up hard on the handle and broke one side of it off. Now we're afraid to touch it since we don't want the other side to break and get locked out of the glove box entirely, or have to leave it open constantly before we fix it.

Apparently, the glove box handle is attached to the spring somehow with just two little plastic tabs with a hole in each one. One of those tabs cracked and let go of what it was holding onto.

Can just the handle be replaced? (Don't remotely care about whether it locks or not), or is there some way to fix this handle and reattach it? I read somewhere about cutting up a credit card and gluing it on to reinforce the broken part, but how do you get just the handle itself off and back on? Any ideas? Or do we eat 90 bucks and buy the whole glove box on eBay?

We did the Gorilla Glue fix on the door panels, which worked a treat, but this one I can't see how the handle interacts with the spring, or how to get the other side of it off without breaking it too.
Fivecats is offline   Reply With Quote