View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
Airric13

cooljess76,

I must admit, this forum is much more sophisticated and welcoming than any Honda, Acura, or Toyota forum I have been a part of. I appreciate the rundown on the history and cult following of the car. I knew I had rarely seen one, but I'm not out there looking at BMWs either.

Let's say you were in my shoes, cooljess76, would you keep the Honda which you know will last you as long as you need, all you have to do is replace the header for $150 or less, or would you trade for the BMW, spend the $400 to repair it properly and then sell it?

I will most likely end up putting it right up for sale once fixed, because I really want a fully stock 96-00 Civic. I want a car that I can fit people in and still achieve 35+mpg. I don't need my car to be fast or sporty, I just want to like the look and I need about $4000 to buy one with decent miles. I think the most I will get out of my civic is $4000, but I might be able to fix the BMW and sell it for close to $5000? If I don't get at least $4000 + whatever I would pay to fix the cat, then I might as well keep the Civic until it sells. The civic has cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, and now I realize, a broader market to sell to. but the BMW has a more "cult car" following as you put it, so it might be able to sell for more.

You've been giving me some great advice so far and I really appreciate your help. So once again I would enjoy hearing your opinion.
Airric13 is offline   Reply With Quote