View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM   #4
CirrusSR22

The injector rail needs to come off before you remove the lower intake manifold. The electrical connections need to be disconnected, as well as the fuel lines. Depressurize your fuel system with a cold engine. Depress the thing(?) on the schraeder valve that's welded to the fuel rail. Have a rag ready to soak up fuel. Gently wiggle loose the entire fuel rail/injector/air hose assembly.

With the fuel rail out of the way, the tangled mess of a electrical harness needs to be disconnected and removed. Unfortunately the wires run through the center of the lower intake manifold. The most of the connections are simple plugs, but you'll also need to remove three nuts & wires leading to the starter. There are also two nuts and wires leading to the alternator. They need to be removed as well. The starter wires are an absolute pain!

My-oh-my!! Look at my fuel injectors. I cleaned them up as gently as possible after this shot. Hopefully I didn't plug anything up....

Here's a shot after I have disconnected the wiring harness and folded it away (towards the USA driver's side)

I removed the intake manifold flange (with holds the PVC valve) by disconnecting the two coolant lines and the one vacuum line. The lower intake manifold was free to remove at this point. Only minimal wiggling is required to make it past the two fuel lines. The lower intake manifold and intake ports were absolutely CAKED with crud/carbon/whatever. I spent quite a while degunking the manifold, and spent a little time carefully cleaning the intake ports.

CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote