View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:11 AM   #28
anassa

Vehicles

H&R Z3M Sport Springs Installed

I wanted to have a more aggressive stance, since on stock z3m springs it sat a bit tall, but I didn't want to slam it and make the suspension effectively useless. So I found for $260 shipped/tax on ebay a set new H&R z3m sport springs. I know I know... many of you have seen me use different spring combo's again and again... real coilovers will come! Just not right away.. So here we go!

Then comparison with stock z3m springs:

Rear:

Front:

So Condor Speed Shop has these cool rear spring pad sets:
https://www.condorspeedshop.com/coll...spring-pad-set

**(I always mention where I buy things in case someone wants to do the same!! Not because I am sponsored/affiliated with the company. )**

Got it and used the smallest 3.5mm pad for the rear:

Due to the smallest pad being so thin in the last picture you can see there is a slight gap between the metal ring and pad.

The result:

Before:

What I like:
- No rake!
- Body lines look more streamlined
- Its low!

What I don't like:
- Its low! It was lower then I expected.
- Spring rate feels too soft. ** Drove over a 100 mile and yes, the rear is way too soft.

So the front didn't drop much and the rear was a lot lower, officially from H&R it is supposed to drop 1.3" front and rear for z3m. But with the pads I have, I might add a 5mm or 6mm one in to lift it a little. Or not. We will see.

Alignment after spring install:

Front:
Caster: 6.2 (L) / 5.9 (R)
Camber: -.05 (L) / -0.6 (R)
Toe: .09 (L) / .09 (R)

Rear:
Camber: -2.9 (L) / -3.1 (R)
Toe: .12 (L) / .00 (R)

It is important to note that my caster/camber numbers are the way they are because of the m3 tophats that are not centered, if I had front e36 m3 96-99 LCA/brakes it would increase the camber to a normal amount.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 04-01-2017 at 10:05 PM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote