View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
anassa

Vehicles

Suspension (Front Sway Bar)

After the swap one issue I noticed was that the m44 sway bar was rubbing on the oil pan!

Here is the clearance:

And the rubbing:

As a result I found two old m3 sway bars I had lying around... went down to Ireland Engineering picked up two new adjustable end links:

Installed, clearance is a LOT better - will post up pictures if I get to it, but I also still need the adjust the endlinks to be more effective, I think they are too loose now.

Exhaust

Old setup:

New setup:

I will find out what muffler was used, but it is nice and quiet. The drone of the old gutted muffler was horrible, though it definitely looked cooler. I will get the tip changed for something else, but need to see what I will do with the rear bumper since it got cut to fit the old dual tip setup.

Looks/Exterior

Found some DS1's with almost new tires from someone who had crashed their m3, so that was a win for me. Finally I got the ACS mirrors on, they work nicely too.

DS1:
17x7.5
et41
225/45/17

Wheels are heavier, but did not weigh them, what I did notice though is that with the extra rotational mass once moving, for example on the freeway, maintaining speed uphill for the first bit is easier since it has more momentum and takes less initial pedal input. With the old wheels taking my foot off the gas or giving more gas was more instantaneous while with the DS1's it seems smoother almost between giving some gas and taking my foot off the gas - just modulation of the pedal. Good for daily driving, but I can imagine not as good for track/spirited driving.

****I apologize for my horrible dirty lens cell phone camera pictures, I will take better pictures, but I think it needs more love before I will take the time to take more proper/better pictures.

Power??!?

Sooooo maybe I shouldn't say this yet, but I scheduled a day on Feb 26th to dyno the m52 and get a baseline for how much I am making. It is on a Mustang Dyno and apparently is a "heart break dyno", but I am not as interested in the actual numbers (.. well I am..) as for the change after I get the m50 intake manifold for example and the increase that happens with other mods further down the road.

****UPDATE! ::: So the dyno place double booked! Now I am waiting till sometime in April? I need to double check.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 03-23-2017 at 06:26 AM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote