View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #17
BimmerBum

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebimma View Post
It is all hype and i used to be on that train as well. Once i did my first, second, third, etc. swap, i had them weighed when i did significant weight modifications and have always come back to stock weight with a 6 cylinder. If you dont want to remove the a/c, there are plently of other ways to lighten the front back up. Battery is most definitely a place of weight. So far, ive removed the p/s, a/c, 4 cyl radiator setup, fan delete+kit, 24r battery exhange (honda size) and relocated to rear and ended up MUCH less than m44 stock weight. Gained some back with the m3 brake kit, xbrace, strut bar, and wheel setup.
Some of those weight saving mods are pretty extreme. Certainly not everyone is meant for no AC and no PS, but moving the battery to the back and adding a med. case diff will just about bring the car back into balance to compensate for the 2 extra cyls.

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote