View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Mtec97caliTi

Default m54 swap questions

Ok guys, as you can see by my join date I have been around a while (albeit very dormant after selling my 97). I was going to swap my 97 ti to an m54, but I never got around to doing it. A few years has gone by and I still have the itch (and some very expensive metal sitting around) to do it. So here it goes:

1) The M54 I have is out of an '01 Z3 automatic, so I will probably need to acquire a 5spd harness, correct?
2) I was wondering if I can run an M50 intake on the M54? (because the flapper valve on the intake was damaged when my motor was shipped to me)
3) Can I use M3 or 328 exhaust manifolds? (the z3 manifolds have cats and were cut)

I have done many other engine swaps into various cars from old VW Sciroccos, to Hondas, a Nissan, and my latest is a VR6 powered VW Cabrio (freaks people out when you drive a "chick car" that growls with 12v and 2.8L of V6 power!). So I am not scared to get my hands dirty again, I just want to figure out the best means of engine management and getting air in and out of the car! THANKS IN ADVANCE, I truly look forward to being back here on the boards!
~Matt