View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Aussie M3ti

Default New Swap - Some RHD questions

Just starting on a swap of a Euro 3.2 into a 318Ti. It's a 99 Ti which is RHD for Australia and I have a late 98 M Coupe which is LHD coming from Japan. The M Coupe is due in a couple of weeks.

I have read most of the threads but they are predominately LHD focused. I was hoping someone could answer some RHD questions.

1. Where is X20 connector on a RHD car. Is it under the battery or with the ECU? I can't see it anywhere. Mind you I haven't removed the battery yet.

2. Are there any issues using a LHD M coupe Engine loom with a RHD Ti? Do the primary connectors fit or do some wires need to be lengthened. Looking at photos the LHD and RHD M Coupe seem to have the major components in the same places. The Ti on the other hand has the major components in different places.

3. Do the Euro M3 Exhausts fit without mods on a RHD Ti? The LHD and RHD M3 and LHD M Coupe all appear to have the same exahust manifolds on Realoem. So I am hoping they fit without modification.

4. Does the battery need to be moved to the boot or can it still fit beside the fuse box?

Hope someone who has done a RHD conversion can help.

Thanks

Brian
Aussie M3ti is offline   Reply With Quote