View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #76
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will'sBimmer View Post
Sea Foamed the engine and drove it around for about a 100 miles. Changed the oil and took it up there. Passed this time with a score of 83 instead on 232. Wow! Sea Foam FTW
That's awesome Will, congrats. I know California has stricter emissions than the rest of the US, but dang! Our hydrocarbons are measured in PPM (parts per million) and the maximum allowed for us is 60 @ 15mph and 43 @ 25mph. My engine only had 28k miles on it when I seafoamed it and the main reason I did it was because I had drove around with a bad o2 sensor for a couple months and was due for an oil change and a smog test. The inspector that tested my car was shocked when the results showed zero carbon monoxide and zero nitrogen oxide. My odometer read 130k, but the motor was practically brand new. I did the same thing as you as far as oil goes. Poured half a can in the oil, drove it for about 100 miles on premium gas then changed the oil. I also installed brand new o2 sensors just prior to taking the car in to be tested. The results speak for themselves:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showpost....2&postcount=30

I highly recommend seafoam to people. It's not a "cure-all" by any means, but if you want a clean running engine, you should definitely consider trying it.

Ralliart10 give it a shot, it's really easy. Just have someone in the car to keep the rpm's around 2-3k and don't allow the seafoam to get sucked in too fast. Keep the hose about 1/2" away from the actual seafoam and allow it to suck it in slowly as to not hydrolock. You may want to have a small hose clamp handy since BMW used crimp-style (1 time use)hose clamps on the brake booster hose. Other than that, shoot me a PM if you run into any snags, I can walk you though it over the phone
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote