View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
zoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPizzaGirl View Post
Thanks for posting XMcBainx. I have the same question, and wondering 2 other details specific to my own sitch.
1) does the answer for tires change based on the amount of driving done? i.e. my TI is a second car so i don't drive it as often...
2) wheel annoyance - - i have the originals wheels from when i bought her. they "seem" fine but the BMW decals that were in the center over time i guess fell off I really don't want to get new wheels just for the BMW logo but it looks dumb since they fell off! Options ?

With regard to your first question- most people buy tires suited to the type of driving they do, not the amount, unless, of course, you're using your car as a 50+ mile a day commuter, in which case a high performance tire would be impractical since it would wear out in a relatively short time. If the car is just and occasional or weekend driver and you're not a very aggressive driver, you're probably fine with a decent all-season or highway compound that you can probably get 40-50k miles or more out of.

With regard to your second question, you can get new OEM wheel caps from Tischer BMW for about $11.50/ea. The caps are universal for just about all 3 series BMW wheels and can be found here.

Welcome to the forum!
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote