View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #26
CirrusSR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrightbill View Post
I went with the General tires and am really surprised with the tires and the car's performance in the recent storm we had.

I wanted to see how the car would slide so i could know what it feels like. So i tried to get it out of whack in a very safe location. Other than the car wanted to understeer i could not get it to oversteer with those tires on it.

I never knew how nice a car this thing could be in the winter. I honestly thought it would unsafe no matter what. In an icy corner it just pulls through with no issues.

Now if i can get the darn heater to work...
I've always thought the same thing with the Blizzaks I've owned (WS-50 and now WS-60). There's enough traction that I need to force it to lose control.

Late last winter we had a very icy morning; vehicles in the ditch all over. There was a big, new 4x4 Toyota pickup in front of me on the nearly empty freeway. Out of nowhere, the truck just "snapped" into a spin and went into the ditch. We were both doing a very steady speed and the truck neither was changing lanes, accelerating or stopping. All-seasons are just not capable of that serious ice driving. I definitely could feel how slippery it was out, but there was no-way my ti was nearly that unstable.
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote