View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
fuse1002

Default Good Tires Please!

For the longest time I have been having troubles with steering wheel vibration while braking and handling. My gf had some low profiles that she had kept in the garage for ten years. I didn't know this at the time and I proceeded to install them hopeing it would rid me of my handling issues. Of course the worst happened and one of the tires fell right off of my car while I was doing 80 at 8am with a coffee in my hands. One of my other tires went flat twice, so I had it pacthed. I realized this was a horrible mistake, so I took the car to the local tire place and they hooked me up with two new Riken Raptors and two used Bf Goodwrench. Since I was broke at the time, I couldn't do four new tires. Since my tire flew off, the rim was severly damaged as well. I just recently fixed the rim, but was still having bad handling and steering wheel tremours when I hit the brakes. I finally bucked up and got the matching Riken Raptors for the rear. The installer also pointed out that I had another rim that was dented, so he moved it to the rear of the car. She is now driving like her first day off of the line. I cannot stress the importance of good tires, rotors, and rims! I also recently switched out my front struts and rear shocks. That and with the addition of the CAI, I've never been happier with my TI's performance! I just hope I don't have any more issues within the near future. My wallet can't handle it.
--------------------------------------------- 1998 318TI M SPORT MODS: DEPO FOG LIGHTS|DEPO XENON ANGEL EYE|REAR SPOLIER|WEATHER TECH WINDOW DEFLECTORS|REAR BILSTEIN SHOCKS|RIKEN RAPTOR 205/55ZR16'S|COSMO RACING COLD AIR INTAKE|GABRIEL ULTRA FRONT STRUTS| REPAIRS: RACK & PINION|AC COMPRESSOR|FRONT ROTORS & BRAKE PADS|02 SENSORS|CAT CONVERTER|MAF|TIE ROD ENDS|IAC VALVE|