View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
MEDIA PUSHER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
So monday morning i'm in my driveway at home and i roll down my window then i rolled it up. On the way up the window came up at an angle. I'm like WTF i just replaced my window regulator 5 months ago. So i make an appt with this guy i know at Inskip Bmw (after hours) who did this job for me before and i dropped it off yesterday evening. Go back to pick it up a couple of hours later and he tells me the regulator was defective and he put a new one in. So he only charged me $40 to do it. Gets even better,i left bmw and went next door to best buy,now i haven't been using my alarm cause it just randomly goes off. I put the key in the lock and turn it and it won't turm,it looks like my key lock on drivers side is busted. So i have to unlock and lock it by the trunk lock for now. What else is going to go wrong with my car this week
These windows are very prone to fault, my drivers side has given me quite a bit of trouble over the past few months, but never has it been the actual regulator or motor. If the window moves at all most likely one of the ball joints poped out of the regulator bushing, mine will do this if i, or someone else slams the door with the windows down, a quick and easy fix, new bushings are $3. After this, my window seemed to struggle so I cleaned off the dirty grease in the bushing slider track and put on some fresh white grease and that had it moving smoothly for a while. But the window kept coming up and getting stuck, so after the dozenth time pulling the door apart I found that the rubber and felt window guide/slider on the rear end of the window had worn thur in the middle and the corner of the window would get stuck there, had to order a new one for $20 but my window hasn't given me trouble since. Hope this might help.