View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Maverix

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytruckster View Post
drivers side of the pan.... in the way of the fill plug. I *think* the bracket uses pan bolts, but it's been over a year since I was under there.
Mechanic confirmed it was not the cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
Zippy was shifting like crap for the past couple of weeks...then i broke down and went to a friends shop this afternoon in order to get it on a lift. low-and-behold...it was low on ATF.
so, i topped it off and the car now shifts better then ever.
this makes me very happy.
Good luck Joey
That's exactly why I wanted new oil. It was shifting a bit rough, so I assumed it was running low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by familytruckster View Post
There is a pretty specific routine for adding fluid. Car has to be warmed to 85*F in neutral and then top off to bottom of fill plug. It's possible something was F'd up when the filter was changed too.
I'm not sure if he followed the routine or not. I would think so since the majority of the cars he works on is bmw's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
does it feel like the selector has any resistance to it or does it just move back and forth with no effort at all? if there's no effort it does sound like the cable is disconnected, it should be somewhere on the side of the transmission. was the mechanic able to drive it out of the garage bay into the lot or is it still inside?
There is resistance. And he worked on the car out side of the bay when he was changing the fluid. Their lift was occupied by other cars already.
They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote