Thread: Throttle cable?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:20 AM   #19
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

eh, you should be able to knock it out in an hour or so Steven. I'd recommend disconnecting the battery and removing the driver's seat so you can lay flat on your back with your feet up on the back seat. This gives you the best view and ability to maneuver your arms up under the dash. I removed the lower dash, underpanel and knee buster to make things easier. There's a plug for the footwell light and the OBDII interface is screwed onto the knee buster with two phillips head screws. Be careful not to rip the wires out. You may want to use a box cutter to trim away some of the rubber insulation around the plastic clip where it goes through the firewall. I cut a large square out of the insulation on my M3 when I removed the cable. I didn't however cut the insulation on the Ti since I already knew how the clip worked. Use a flathead screwdriver to push up on the buttom of the clip. Once the bottom clip releases, you should see a little light coming through the firewall. Then take a stubby flathead screwdriver, place it flat along the top of the upper clip and pull down. When it releases, you should be able to wiggle the whole clip through the firewall. Installing is a breeze, just make sure that when the round plastic part of the clip that mates flush on the firewall is snapped in, the cable guide is angled upward in the engine compartment.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote