View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #55
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5liter View Post
Hey John, can you help me complete my dual 02 sensor simulator. I have connectors from 02 senosrs and I have the harness end from an e36. Both have 4 wires and I dont know which wire of the 4 to use to complete the simulator. Trying to make it plug and play so I dont have to cut or splice.

Rodney

You should have 2 wires the same color which are the O2 heater wires one ground (Brown or black) and the remaining wire is your signal wire which is the one you want the simulator to intercept the signal when the DME calls for SAP on.

Just looked up wire colors in the Bentley Manual. Yellow is your signal wire. On my car it is different so if you give me the year and what motor you have I can give you the exact purpose of each wire color.

You will have to cut the O2 signal wire and run them through the simulator. The simulator will intercept the O2 signal and input the correct voltage to fool the DME into thinking the SAP is working when tthe DME calls for SAP, when the DME turns off SAP the simulator becomes a pass-through device or in other words it connects the cut signal wire on the O2 so the car can run lambda control by smelling the exhaust or basically running like the O2 signal wire was never cut.

Best of luck, John S

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 11-09-2015 at 01:34 AM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote