Thread: Might Buy 328i
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
HuGo

Thumbs up Might Buy 328i

I might be buying a silver 97' 328i. Im gonna go take a look at it tonight. The guy is going to sell it to me for 2,100 plus free tow to my house (he has AAA). You may ask, why do you need to tow? The owner says the engine is bad. Still drivable, but bad (will over heat within 10 minutes). He wanted 3gs, but he said he just got himself a new lexus and doesnt have time to swap another motor, and doesnt want this car in his house anymore. Heres my intensions, i will take all the parts that i need outta this car. And i barely thought about it right now, and i can get the brakes for my brake upgrade So i plan on taking all the parts i need from it. Then just part the rest of the car. I can either make money, come out even, or lose just a little bit (i hope i lose less money than i would if i would have bought the pieces one by one). I asked if any interior or exterior damage and he said it was just the trunk.

Now my other option, im not sure how much a 97' 328i is still worth (can anyone kind of clarify of a well condition one) but say if i spent money on fixing or swapping another motor then i spent 3gs. Im hoping if i spend 3gs from fixing engine and selling the tire as a whole, maybe i can get 5,500-7,000 so i would profit from it then still look for individual parts. If its salvaged, then ill just part it out.

So what do you guys think i should do? Opinions?

BTW, would the passenger door fit our Ti's?

Also, if i do get it, let me know if you guys want to purchase things

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote