View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #21
J!m

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
from what my brain can figure out, it appears rob's pics show the battery on the right-hand side of the hatch area. normally there is a plastic tray there.

what i seem to remember reading about the euro models is that the battery was in the spare tire location or something like that. is that what you're talking about with the sheet metal J!m?

btw, welcome back ... been a long time since i saw you on!
That's pretty much it- just like the other US BMW's, the battery is in the trunk floor. with a spare tire back there (normally- mine's been sold since it won't fit over the M3 brakes) there is not room for the battery. Now that the tire is gone, there's plenty of room!

I was going to use parts from a US six-cylinder (probably an E36 sedan) and graft it in. Another idea I had was to use a pair of 6-volt Optimas (very small, well, 1/2 the size of a normal optima!), one on each side and have no cutting, fully returnable to stock.

I honestly have not done any real work to my ti in almost two years. It's ready for body work (to happen over the winter) and to get some paint touched-up (mainly the chipped nose).

I have to have it looking perfect for the calendar cover shot!!!!

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote