View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #88
covert24

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Firestone View Post
The ETM shows those circuits wired with 0.5 mm^2 which translates to 20 AWG.

I would probably use 18 AWG if you can't find 20, especially for the 12V wire. It is on an unfused circuit, save an upstream power relay. At least then you would not be sinning quite as badly as BMW. You could use 22 for the other wires if you are careful how you strip and lay them. (I have seen 18 being the smallest gauge recommended for the shade tree mechanic, but then some may strip wire with a knife blade or their teeth.)

Alrighty awesome thank you! So 18awg wires for the "power" and I'll use 20 for the DME/O2 wires just to be on the safe side. I just went to the dentist yesterday so stripping wires my teeth is a no no. I have a wire cutter/stripper that I use for all of my electronic projects so I have no reason not to use it.

You guys have been a tremendous help thus far and I can't thank you enough. Im sorry I couldn't get the DIY version working. Mixture of bad components and frustration is what did me in. Once I receive the batchpcb board I will give you guys an update and what's going on.

Thanks again!
covert24 is offline   Reply With Quote