View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #12
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZUKA JOE View Post
That's what I was thinking was happeneing but a little oil in both cylinders shot them both back up to 180 psi from 90 and 80 so that's what makes me think rings. I'll just have to tear it down and find out. What were you running for a turbo? I'll be doing top mount but I know you bought an eBay turbo and had good luck with it, I'd like to avoid spending 1200 on just a turbo until I get everything set up and working properly.

Also, what's the deal with the m3/328 MAF sensor?
Ebay turbos are fine you just need to loosen the bolts and red loctite each on. All the people that bag on Ebay turbos didn't take the time to ensure the turbo was in proper tolerance and bolts were loctited. I've not seen a good top mount manifold except the $1,000 666 manifold and you have to do some smashing on the pass shock tower to make it fit. I've installed 3 OBX buttom mount with no issues. It is tight but you can keep your A/C which is manditory in Florida.

328 or M3 1995 only will plug into your current MAF wiring and it allows 3" of air flow instead of the stock MAF at 2.5" You will peg a stock 2.5" around 8-10 psi of boost and then the tune goes to $hit unless you Barrie to work some magic to ignore a Pegged MAF.

BTW something is wrong in the motor so head has to come off. Also I think all M4x rods are forged it's just the M42 has a forged crank and the M44 is cast.

John S
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote