View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #23
Bwwaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback View Post
check coils
It's on the list, haven't been able to get to the car for a while. This weekend I'll be looking through there and seeing what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Fuel injectors too. I just had an issue with a set of "rebuilt" replacement fuel injectors causing major misfire issues.

I had bucking issues when the throttle position sensor went bad. The car threw other random codes but I got lucky and a spare TPS fixed it.
I was thinking it might have been the TPS as well. For a while if I modulated the throttle at all, it would panic and buck/misfire. But after doing the Cam Position Sensor, the car seems to be ok in terms of throttle control. It's just way down on power and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Good looking build!

Looks exactly like my ti when I had the M bumper up front! I am looking forward to see a fellow green (boston green etc) ti build!

Yours a 98 model? So in 98 they started with vented front rotors? My ti still had solid front rotors... As soon as my hawk pads die I am going vented for sure.

I also like that it looks like your keeping the rake to a minimum. I am not a fan of BMW rake at all, i don't care how cool that wallposter e36 m3 etc looks like, it just doesn't sit right with me.
Thanks! It does have vented rotors, definitely a nice upgrade. Gives me some piece of mind. And yeah, I'm really not a fan of rake, very few cars can pull it off properly. I maxed out rear in terms of "low" and leveled out the front from there. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote