View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #27
therealpbgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
The M3 shell has been sent to the Big Crusher In The Sky. Shame, really, since it was in pretty good shape. But my wife and I had no interest in an auto M3 sedan with no sunroof. My daughter's 328i now has my 318ti's former healthy M52 in it. That's where the swap ended...

I've had a screwed up neck for too long (rear-ended in our BMW Z3M in August 2014), so I finally had surgery to fuse two cervical vertebra last Tuesday. That means lifting no more than 5 pounds, and no driving or even riding in a car, for 30 days. Needless to say, the S52 swap is on the back burner. The good news is that my new 2-post lift is installed, and I've gathered more parts needed for the swap -- so I'll hit the ground running as soon as my doc clears me. The latest parts include a Turner Motorsports oil pan baffle setup, which I picked up from the welding shop (I have a MIG, but I don't do aluminum) the day before my surgery. I also picked up a tilt steering column from an early E36, new bushings/bearings for it, and a Z3 rack-n-pinion. I also picked up some Hawk HP+ brake pads to augment the M3 front / E34 rear calipers. Swapping in a Z3 shift lever while everything is out, too. Finally, I picked up a pair of Sport Seats so my backside can enjoy the car, too.

Unfortunately, all I can do right now is go into my garage and stare forlornly at all the parts...
Sorry to hear about your neck, and hang up. I'm from Paso Robles and lived in SLO county for the first 16 years of my life. It's cool to see someone from my small hometown into the same **** i love. I'm over here in Jacksonville Florida now for the past 10 years.

I've built a 318ti with s50 swap.

I'm looking to take a trip to SLO this summer, I'd love to help you out and check out your build!
therealpbgamer is offline   Reply With Quote