View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 08:28 PM   #22
Strawman

Quick update: The top-end went together without too much drama, and I've been driving the M3 for the last three weeks to make sure everything is okay. I kinda feel bad about scrapping a nice Estoril Blue M3 Sedan, and I probably would have kept it had it been a coupe with a manual transmission. I'll start advertising non-needed parts on Craigslist soon (PM me if you need anything).

Anyway, the engine checks out nicely!

I borrowed a friend's leak-down tester and bought a Harbor Freight coolant pressure testing setup. I had no more than 5% leak-down at 100psi shop air on a warm engine, and the cooling system held steady at 25psi for two hours on a cold engine. The engine pulls strong to redline (as often as I can!), and it idles perfectly.

I just purchased a Z3M/S54 Behr radiator, Stewart high-capacity water pump, and a slew of gaskets/hoses from Pelican Parts in preparation for the swap. I hope to begin the swap into my 318ti next weekend; my new deadline (the next autocross) is March 12. We'll see how my 332ti compares to my Z3 M Roadster (with 198k miles); stay tuned!
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.

Last edited by Strawman; 02-05-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote