View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:39 AM   #16
Strawman

Quick update: after 30k miles of trouble-free thrashing, I just bought an Estoril Blue 1998 M3 sedan with only 145k miles but with a blown head gasket for $1k. Has a ton of receipts from the original owner and second owner.

It might be a shame to part such a nice M3, but that engine BELONGS in my 318ti. Already purchased a BMW top-end gasket set, as well as a Beisan Vanos rebuild kit. I plan to pull the head this weekend, rebuild it, and drive the M3 for a while to make sure the engine is healthy. My plan is to swap the S52, DSII wheels, and the front hubs/rotors/calipers and master cylinder from the M3. I've also acquired E34 rear calipers I grabbed from Pick-n-Pull a while back, as well as caliper rebuild kits and DOT-approved SS brake lines that I'll install as part of the brake upgrade. I'll grab the mirrors and front valance from the M3, then I'll sell off what I can and scrap the hulk.

I'm picking up a '97 328i tomorrow to swap the 318ti's healthy M52 for my daughter, since the engine only has 140k miles. Stay tuned!
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.

Last edited by Strawman; 12-19-2015 at 04:41 AM. Reason: edit
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote