View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 10:42 PM   #4
J!m

Vehicles

Thanks for the input guys, and no, I'm NOT selling my ti . It's just about the way I want it now! Time to add to the stable...

I agree, the STI is a nice looking car and has the right stuff (did you know they even have lightweight glass in that car?!?!?! ) I also like the driver adjustable (up to 50%) center diff . The EVO is not adjustable, but fixed at 50% (not a bad thing...). The EVO also has a driver 'override' for the intercooler-cooler, to give it an extra squirt when needed... Not on STI (but could probably be added easily enough). >STI option list: Radio. (that's COOL)

I don't like the transverse mounted engine of the EVO. I also don't like the nose design. STI still has a tiny bit of room for improvement (a little bit more boost perhaps, as the STI 'only' runs 14.5# boost vs. the EVO @ 19#!!!)

The little cooper is left in the dust, even with the upgrade (0-60 in 6.5 sec, vs. 6.9 seconds in stock 'S' trim...) But it IS a cool car...

According to Motor Trend (take it or leave it): Z06 'Vette 0-60=4.29 sec. (~51K$), EVO=4.59 sec. (~30K$), SVT Cobra=4.82 sec. (~35K$), STI=4.87 sec. (~32K$), and Jag XKR=5.21 (~84K$).

Bang for the buck goes to the EVO, hands down. Only the STI has a chance in the price range, as the SVT cobra is a bit more money (and would need more money to catch it...). If you put 3K into the STI (to equal the SVT price) it would be quite sick I think, and best of all, NOT a Ford... You can get the Ford for the same (maybe less) price than the STI, but it won't be the SVT model, and will need a big infusion of cash to catch the SVT.

I don't honestly believe that any more can be extracted from the EVO. I think that's it. 271HP from 2 litres is totally sick (135.5/l). 300 from 2.5 is also sick (120/l), but I feel there is a tad more in there, if it's done right (it could also get worse if not done PERFECTLY right). Easiest thing to do is to gut out the EVO, and not much will touch it...

Still undecided...................

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote