View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
vo5

Default new ti owner with tire & wheel questions

Hi there from a new owner of a silver '98 318ti m-spec sport 5-speed! I lucked out on a low mileage (119k), well taken care of clean ti. It is now my only car and will be used as a daily driver. It's completely stock and I would like to keep it that way except for a few cosmetic updates. So, I also lucked out on a set of M3 style 22 non-staggered wheels from a '95 M3. The tires are Dunlop SS Super Sport R Compound 245/40-17s with some tread on them. I found that they're street legal and would like to run them until they need to be replaced. I've been reading post after post but, would like to make sure my concerns are addressed. So, if anyone could help me with the following questions, I would appreciate it. Will this tire & wheel set up fit without issues on a stock m-spec sport suspension? If so, are these tires ok to run until worn through a winter the Bay Area? If not, what size should I run? Tirerack suggests 215/45s - Is this the best size for a non-modified ti? Thank you in advance!
vo5 is offline   Reply With Quote