Thread: Euro M3 Compact
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeroenB3 View Post

But, all of the issues starts here, the wiring of the engine.

The DME unit is on the other side and the wires are to short to place the DME in the original place. The engine wiring loom is to small for all the wires too. I don't know how yet, but I think it's possible.

How did you guy's fix the 'Auxilliary Fan' problem, the connection to the fan is the same, but it doesn't work ?
What do I need to change to get it work properly for a 6-cilinder ?

Thanx mates,

JeroenB3
Hey Jeroen... nice looking Ti!
looks like you hacked up a nice 4dr M3 to get it though, almost a pity..

As for your issues,
your only option short of splicing longer wire onto everything is to get LHD engine harness from Ebay or a junkyard in your area. After the money it looks like you spent, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

As for the aux fan, I just plugged mine into the same port.
mine does not turn on until the temp gets above half anyways, which is vey rarely even without the engine driven fan.. but i do run a 80c thermostat with a 80/88c fan switch.

Question though, how do you know it is not working if you can't wire up the engine to actually reach a temp to engage the fan???? The aux fan connection is part of the bodyharness IIRC, it will only turn on when the sensors tell the DME to tell the fan its needs to work. You'd need a running motor to find out if it works or not.

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote