View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #8
Rudenice

Location: Washington,DC - Top of the Hill - East of the Anacostia River

Quote:
Originally Posted by andakn View Post
Swap the main relay with one of the high beam relays. Also pump only gets power if the engine is cranking and it sees the crank sensor signal. So if their is no spark their will likely be no power sent to the fuel pump
95 BMW 318ti, 115,000, I spoke to my mechanic today - he said that he chkd the relays last week, I asked if he knew the relays are located next to fuse box, he had no clue, so I'm taking off tomorrow, to show him the fuel and main relay; and ill re chk the fuel pump to ensure that it's working. DC will be 64 degrees or above tomor, get day to work. My question: which relays are the fuel pump, main relay and high beam relays. I have the book, and I thk I know where the fuel pump relay is @, but not sure what relays to use as a replacement or how to test it (if possible). My goals is to have it running by the end of month; so that I can chg oil, trans, brake, diffential, power steering, radiator fluides, tires, brake pads, sturts, air filter b4 I hit these DC streets.....WHICH RELAY IS THE FUEL PUMP, MAIN AND HIGH BEAM RELAYS...I can interchg. high beam with fuel and main relay???????? Thks to All TI folks, u guys are great peeps......Any help would be appreciated sincerely.....I'll cu guys at the next show - Skills always TRUMP Luck.... O,yeah, is there way to chk the crank sensor to determine if it's any good and where is it located....OK all, take care and keep bugging.... S.E. Wash, DC - East of the River

Last edited by Rudenice; 02-06-2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: additional questions
Rudenice is offline   Reply With Quote