View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Rudenice

Location: Washington,DC - Top of the Hill - East of the Anacostia River
Default Fuel Leaking from or near Tank area - crank no start

Hello All TN members, 2017 will hopefully be the year that I get my TI back on the road after nearly 4 years of storage. The car cranks but won't start - I bought a cheap fuel pump on ebay and installed it - the car would start briefly and stop - even when I hit the gas pedal. I was delighted just to hear it start. Now, 6 months later, Im trying to get it running now for spring - so that I can change the fluids, wires, tires, etc before June. So, my mechanic looked at it the other day and said that he noticed a FUEL LEAK near the Tank area - could that prevent it from starting - it will start with starter fluid (which i know is not good to use in excess) but fuel is not getting to the engine; Question: I read that a cheap fuel pump could lack the necessary psi to start the engine. I'm thinking that I should 1st fix fuel leak, check the fuel filter to see if fuel is coming thur, b/c I have not had the filter chg since I purchased car in 2005. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...I look forward to getting it POPPIN on these WASH, DC streets - Posting a pic in front of TRUMP HOTEL on Penn Ave. Thks in Advance
Rudenice is offline   Reply With Quote