View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Torri

Default Speakers aren't loud enough

Ok, I searched 16 pages and nothing so here it goes. I'm getting ready to install my sub and before I put it in this week I want to make sure I know what my other problem is or where I should look first while I'm in there.

I recently replaced my speakers. Yet, my speakers still aren't very loud.. I have to crank it upand up after market HU just to get a decent volume. That is also the loudest I can go, because if I go any louder the sound will get scratchy/distorted. If I play it on the level that I do for too long.. it sounds like it's turning itself down.. and I can't turn it back up. The volume level stays the same and I can't turn it up higher because it will get scratcy/hissy. If it has any sort of hard drum beat in it, it will kick the volume down. I have to turn my volume to 0 for awhile before I can turn it back up to get any sort of volume again.

So, I'm wondering what my issue is? I drive highway mostly and I can barely hear the music at all. I can't find anything with my problem exactly.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Torri; 03-24-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: grammar
Torri is offline   Reply With Quote