View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Personally I don't think our semi trailing arm suspension is inferior to the standard e36's multi-link suspension setup. There's a reason BMW used this setup on the Z3's and Mcoupes and I refuse to believe it was because of space constrictions or costs. People seem to think that BMW used leftover parts from the e30 to build our cars and that's complete BS. If they did, then how come none of the e30 rear suspension parts are compatible with our cars? Part numbers and geometries are different. Fact is, the compacts, Z3's and M coupes were introduced LOOOOOONG after the e36 was in production, 5 years to be exact. This means that BMW WENT BACK to the semi-trailing arm design for these models and if you look at these less common models, they all share one characteristic, they're enthusiast cars! They didn't produce nearly as many of them. The e36 coupes, sedans and verts were designed to be econimical and comfortable vehicles for the average driver. Our cars as well as the Z3's and M coupes offer a completely different rawness that you won't feel in a standard e36. Just because multi-link suspension is newer in design, doesn't necessarily mean it's better. One thing our cars don't suffer from is torn subframes(a common flaw on e36 coupes sedans and verts). So don't listen to those idiots on bf.c, they have no idea what they're talking about. They all drive 20 year old 3 series' that were mass produced and come a dime a dozen. Any chance they get to feel like their run of the mill 325i is somehow superior to our little cars is a big achievement to them. Be proud of the ti and accept it for what it is, a TRUE enthusiast car. Or just go pick up an e36 coupe or sedan, there's thousands of them and they're much cheaper and easier to find than a nice ti

Last edited by cooljess76; 01-08-2011 at 12:43 AM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote