View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #71
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo318TI View Post
Can not wait to see this thing run! I wish more people would modify these little M4X motors. Especially in a Ti. A super/turbo charged slant 4 in these hatches is way to cool [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, my biggest concern on modding it had nothing to do with making power, but more with my own standard of wanting to be able to smog it any day of the week and it passing. The only CARB legal support for the m44 for extra power seems to be the DASC, which is already discontinued, even though Downing Atlanta has been very open to helping replace any misc parts or even printing out a CARB sticker if needed.

With the s52/m52 it seems with the aftermarket support a s52 at roughly 240hp can be modded NA to reach 280hp crank without much trouble, I don't doubt if the same kind of interest was had in the m44, building reliable safe street m44's that made ~180 and were fun would be more common.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 02-11-2017 at 10:32 PM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote