View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Canadian

i totaled a 92 325i the past summer (bad side collision, with no injuries), so with aviva they gave my book car value at around 3200, which seemed surprising (both front fenders underneath were rusted, no a/c, and only at 111000 kms). So i showed them the minimal receipts of maintenance and other estimated values of the 92 3 series e36's. Eventually brought it up to almost 4k but it just comes down to a few factors is what i noticed.

1. Depending on whose fault it was they take that into consideration.
2. 1st, 2nd, 3rd time accident
3. They focus on the imperfections of the car so try to limit the "bad" information about the car as much as possible. Also provide as many receipts as possible b/c it shows you put more money into the car so they may be more empathetic.
3. Throw in a sad story. You're talking to people over at your insurance. If you can get them sold on "how you won't be able to work if you can purchase a new car," luckily you might find someone who involves humanity in their job and get the extra $$$.

Best advise is fight, fight, fight and get as much as you can! lol call until they remember your number! GL
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote