View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
DmcL

trust me they need to be finished.. u cant tell from that far away but they are all dented around the lip on the front. i have to filler them in and get them repainted. im currently running OEM 15's because i got new 215 width tyres and they rub like hell in he back even with the arch work. the sidewall is fatter than the last pair of 215's i had on there but even those would rub the outer part inside of the arch if that makes any sense. im going to get 5mm taken off the wheels. they will still rub a bit but it should be ok. it rubbed a bit before i put on the new tyres anyway but not too much and not against any edges or anything that would damage the tyre.

in the front i had to completely fold (read, clamped) the lip flat and pull it out an inch along with cutting the plascit arch liner where it met the inner arch. the back arches have had the lip folded flat too and been pulled about 1/2 an inch along with the top front corners of the rear bumper having to be cutaway behind the surface.

i had ebay clears then went back to amber then to OEM clears. recently i have been tepted to try amber again since fitting the RGR's. previously i had E46 17's in silver.

im also loosely toying with the idea of rat rodding the car and painting it matt black and fitting a roof rack. dunno..

The Green Machine
Modified Airbox, Home Made Exhaust, Ruff Auto Technik Trans Mounts,
Weighted Shift Knob, FK Automotive Springs, 17 inch Racing Dynamics RGR,
Cosmetic Mods, Interior Mods, Etc..
DmcL is offline   Reply With Quote