View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
DmcL

i know they eat tyres and chirp the inside wheel turning tight at low speed but if its not too bad i think could live with it.

maybe another option would be get another open diff and weld it up? tho i did manage to snap 2 of the 6 bolts for one of the driveshafts when installing the replacement diff. do they tend to go brittle over the years or something? not sure how ill get the remnants of the 2 bolts out.. drill and re-tap maybe?

suppose that could be another plus to getting an LSD.. i wouldnt have to deal with those sheared bolts and could replace them all with new ones.

trouble is i have spent alot on the car already and its not even in a sell-able state yet because i have to finish the arches. i decimated, rolled and pulled them in order to fit ET15 Racing Dynamics RGR's meant for a 5 series.

im kind of in a state of limbo as to what i want to do.. i put alot of work into the car so far and theres lots more to do but i miss the sound and grunt of my last E36 (325i) so half of me wants to keep this and boost it or something silly like that and the other half wants to sell up and get another straight 6. i have thought about a swap since i know where my old 325i now rests but its automatic, engine in somewhat unknown condition with about 130k miles and it seems like too much hassle when i could get a 323/325/328 for £1000-£2000 and just transfer most of my stuff over to that car.
DmcL is offline   Reply With Quote