View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
PrimeTimeSlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
Actually I think you will get more acceptance on a Friday being a random walk-in.

How big is this company? Have you tryed to network through LinkedIn or anything? Google the peoples names and find a connection, even a common interest, to set you apart from the crowd. Being introduced or including someones name in your cover letter gets 10x the response compared to cold calls.

That said, I doubt they have not gotten your messages. They changed their minds or maybe you were hopeful in hearing their remarks when they were just being polite. Believe me I have experienced similar things lately and it drives you friggin crazy to not know.

The company is not huge, only a couple hundred people. I think I am going in tomorrow. If anything, I can get a definite answer if they are no longer interested. The fact that the HR department has not answered the phone even once in the three weeks of daily calls makes me think that they don't bother checking the messages either. I also think that my email probably slipped through the cracks as well. They might have been being polite but she actually said that they had my resume on file already and they had had their eye on me. I may be too optimistic but you cant get anywhere with a negative attitude.

As far as sales jobs go, I actually enjoy my job very much right now. I'm the sales manager for a small company that makes weapons accessories. It's a cool gig and it's a chilled out atmosphere, but the money absolutely sucks compared to what I was making a couple of years ago as an engineer. I took this job when I moved back to the states as a temporary thing until I found something more inline with my career path (commercial construction). I spent a lot of time, and energy, and money getting educated and working my way up to a satisfying and well paid job. I don't want to make another career change just yet.

Thanks for all the feedback dudes, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

"Some people like cupcakes better. I for one, care less for them"
PrimeTimeSlime is offline   Reply With Quote