View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
Bwwaaaa

Today I removed the broken headers. Tomorrow the new ones should be in, so those will be installed and my car should be 100% operational again.

While waiting for the PB Blaster to really soak into the nuts on the headers, I took care of some more small details.

New clear repeaters installed. No more amber anywhere! My old one's were pretty trashed as well, so it was good to have those gone.

The M3 mirrors went on as well. Color matched pretty well, I'm definitely happy with the result. They look a million times better then my beat up stock mirrors.

Then out came the header. It was a slow process, I went in from the bottom of the car. I was expecting every single stud to snap. Instead the bolts rotted to the studs, and I backed out all of them. I'm not complaining though, this is the far easier issue to take care of.

Here is the reason it had to come out. The four studs coming off the down pipe had snapped while taking off the exhaust. You can see my attempts at drilling and hammering them out. Even with an air hammer we couldn't get them to move. So I ordered a new header on eBay.

Here's how the car sat tonight. Kept it inside on account of the lack of headers. 10 days to Bimmerfest and I have a ton to do still. I'm confident I'll make it, but it's still a lot to do.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote