View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 05:02 AM   #8
Bwwaaaa

The problems continue. After attempting to replace the CSB on my driveshaft, we realized the u joints were shot and unrepairable. I also attempted to splice my drive shaft together with the rear of the ZF swap driveshaft I purchased, only to find one joint was beginning to fail on that. So, I was forced to purchased a whole new driveshaft.

That went in last night, all seems well with that. The new problem is, the header had four studs pressed into it at some point. They were extremely rusty, and all four snapped when we dropped my exhaust. Even with an air hammer we could not press the studs out. As a result, I had to purchase a new header, which will be here on time. But I'm definitely pushing the deadline for Bimmerfest.

So I kept myself busy with having nothing else to do. I sanded down my M3 mirrors and color matched them to my car.

They were originally Boston Green. While close, it's a lot darker than Ascott Green.

We cleared them after letting it bake in the sun for a while.

Final product. I think I'm going to wet sand them one more time and reclear them.

Definitely a lot better, I had a friend who is an expert with rattle canning help me with this. So I'm happy with the results.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote