View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
Bwwaaaa

I also got a set of DEPO headlights. I haven't been able to wire up the angel eyes, but I'm a fan of the look.

Before:

After (Not the best pictures, I'm sorry):

I broke one turn signal going in, so I ordered clear's after that. But here's how it sat after the rebuild.

At this point I had decided to take the car to Bimmerfest, so I kept going with the aesthetic mods. I got my hands on some M trim.

Before:

After:

And my clear turn signals came in.

I ordered some M Cloth shift/ebrake boots from 2MFabrics.

This is the boot mocked up, not glued in.

And I found a large portion of the black interior pieces I need. They'll be getting retrimmed, and I still need some interior plastics (center console, carpet and other misc stuff), but that'll happen this year for sure.

I picked up a sport rear bumper. I have the lower trim, it's just not pictured here. Needs a color match to my car still.

I got a set of M3 sedan mirrors as well. They were originally plastidipped black, but underneath they were green. As it turns out, they are Boston green instead of Ascott. So they'll also need a respray before they go on my car.

Pro-tip, plastidip melts to goo gone. Spray it on, let it soak in, and wipe it off with a paper towel.

I also picked up a euro three spoke wheel. I want to get it rewrapped, but I no longer have time before Bimmerfest. So that will go in as is.

I plastidipped the trim ring black to clean up the look a little.

After all that work on the rebuild, I got to enjoy the car for about a week before my drive shaft shook itself to pieces. I knew that it was on it's way out, but I was hoping it would hold out. My guess is the solid engine mounts were sending a good deal of stress down the drive shaft. This cause the CSB to finally fail.

While hunting for a driveshaft locally, I was told someone was selling an entire ZF transmission swap out of their ti. They were going six speed, and let it go fairly cheap. So I picked that up, and it'll be going in this weekend. It solved my clutch problem (as it was slipping) and solves my driveshaft problem.

Most importantly however, it is the last piece of the puzzle for the end game. I'll be swapping in an S52 later this year, so this was a necessary modification anyways.

And that's it for now. More time and money then I ever anticipated spending on this car. But it has won me over, and I can't wait to finish it how I have it planned out.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote