View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
Bwwaaaa

I picked up a full Condor Speed Shop bushing and engine mount kit. (Dog approved)

I got an E28 M5 LSD. It had an E30 diff cover on, with an AKG bushing already installed. I ended up swapping that for the Condor unit. The advantage to this setup is it is also 3.45, just like my open small case was.

Before tearing into the car, we took some rollers of the car. I wasn't sure how long it would be down, so I figured it was then or never.

My friend lent me some space in his garage and we tore into it.

We ended up having to slice the sub-frame bolt in order to get it out. I hate rust, it made this job so much more difficult.

Out came the old bushings. It took a little heat.

In went the new bushings.

When we went to put in my engine mounts, we discovered the passenger side arm was cracked. We also snapped a rusty bolt and couldn't get it out reasonably. So I sliced it in half too. After that it was smooth sailing.

Originally the plan was to reuse the suspension for a little bit until I could buy some quality coilovers. It wasn't ideal but had to be done. But a deal popped up on some brand new K-Sport units, along with the E30 axles I needed. So I decided to pick those up. It needed a new Pillow bushing up top, but K Sport is headquartered down the street from me. So it was an easy fix for some cheap, brand new parts.

Finally the car was ready to be back on the road. After a month of struggling and hacking old rusty parts off, I had it back on the ground.

I decided to put some sound deadending in the hatch floor. I'll put some in the doors and under the passenger seat in the future, but this will do for now.

I picked up a set of euro tail lights. Here's a before and after in one picture. They make a huge difference. You'll also see the new Magnaflow muffler in the second picture, a unit I welded up because my stock one was rusted out.

@speedlimitless
1998 318ti Build
Bwwaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote