View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
goyal99

thanks for your replies.....As I was expecting the crankshaft gives a signal to DME and in turn the DME gives a signal (or no signal) to the fuel pump.
it's actually pin 85 at the fuel pump relay which gets the signal from the DME...
I found out that my crank sensor AND my camshaft sensor were unplugged by mistake when I had the upper intake manifold off attempting to fix a vacum leak under there....I forgot to plug those two sensors in when I was putting everything back together and tried to start the vehicle a few times......Of course the engine was cranking and cranking but no start!!! Dumb mistake.
Was any harm done by having those two sensors unplugged and cranking the engine??? could it be any damage to DME or engine timing or anything else??
Now that the sensors are plugged in I still can't get the proper "signal" to the fuel pump relay to run the damn fuel pump....Again if I unplug the relay and jump the fuel relay terminals 30 and 87 the pump runs but the car runs terrible and does not stay running!

I also noticed that now eveytime I attempt to start the car (ignition switch to START) the fuel gauge goes all the way to FULL (right) and then back down to EMPTY (left side). The two wires are pugged in correctly at the fuel pump end.
At this point it's the least of my problems but it's worth mentioning since it's related to the fuel delivery issue.

Thanks
goyal99 is offline   Reply With Quote