View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 AM   #1
m44ic

Default custom strut bar finished...

Ok guys I finally got a pic up of my strut bar, The bar itself is a lot thicker than it looks in the picture. All the welding and fabrication was done by me. Its worked great so far, I felt a big difference in handling, with the strut bar and x-brace steering is very tight. The small circular pieces that go around the strut studs that come up into the engine bay I made by cutting 3/4 inch long pieces of 1 inch 12 gauge metal tubing and then welded a metal washer to the bottom of each piece and then I turned the welds down on the latheso you cant even tell it was welded. After that I made a template and welded them together with 3/8 solid round stock, then after the two triangular pieces were made that bolt to the strut studs I fabbed the bar that connects them, then I bolted the triangular pieces into the car and with the bar being a snug fit which applied pressure that pushed the struts away from each other just the same as when you tighten an adjustable strut bar. I welded the bar in place, removed it from the car and then added support bars to reduce any flex. Oh yeah and the bar itself is pentagonal shaped 1/2 inch round stock.

enjoy

ok I am computantly retarded to see a better image click on the cardomain link below
Attached Images

Mods: clear turn signals, Silverstar headlight bulbs, k&N custom CAI, removed A/C, lightened crank pulley, painted brakes, custom clutch stop, custom strut bar, x-brace, custom solid tranny mounts, Memphis sound system, Sachs sport clutch, B&M short shifter, lightened flywheel, redline MTL ....

Emberrassing honda owners one drive at a time

http://members.cardomain.com/mghockey
m44ic is offline   Reply With Quote