Thread: WTB E46 325ti
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #11
JoeyBello

First of all finding a decent 318ti with the m-package and sunroof and 5spd seems to be alot harder here. I have seen alot more on the international Ebay sites. The prices people on here ask are such a joke. I mean be realistic for a minute 5000$ for 97 with 200k and dont even have the sport package, etc. etc. Also the international ones especially the e46's have much nicer interior. But lets say I find one here for 6000$ finding a decent engine is a few grand, and if your going to use the M3 engine you need alot more than just the engine, then add the labor, etc.. your talking atleast 11,000$ probably alot more than that. I can by an m3 for that price that wasn't put together by a 2bit mechanic and a junkyard motor. And buying one already done is taking a huge chance. I mean if your going to do that chances are your car was diven really hard and fast.. thats the problem with buying any performance or modifed car.. they are beat to ****.
I have seen e46's for sale for the same money or cheaper than e36's on here. So it;s like any swap.. whether its a making a non-turbo eclipse- turbo or a 4cyl ti a v6.. there is a reason why the 323 or GST costs several thousand dollars more than their lower counterpart and to recreate it is going to usually cost more than buying the real thing.
JoeyBello is offline   Reply With Quote