Thread: WTB swap manual
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #1
wodcutr

Default WTB swap manual

I just bought a wrecked 97 m3 sedan so that I can finally make my 97 Cali top ti into the beast it should be. The ti was an automatic and the m3 is a manual. I did the pedal changeover today and noticed that the ti has no clutch switch connection. I also noticed the engine harness connections are different too.

I'm sure the easiest way to get all my questions answered is to just buy one of Jims swap manuals. I have contacted him, but he has not responded and I see that he hasn't logged in in almost 2 months. Does anyone want to lend me their manual or possibly sell it to me? I thought this would be pretty straight forward but I can now see I have quite a few questions that need answered.

The m3 drive line won't work either. May have to buy a 328 manual drive line or cut off the 6 bolt diff end and have a driveline shop weld on the 4 bolt one. Thought about just swapping the m3 diff flange onto my e30 medium case diff but I don't know if that will work or cause other problems too.

Was hoping to keep everything obd2 but don't want cel or asc issues. If anyone can help get me the info I need that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
wodcutr is offline   Reply With Quote