View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
Ji Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbeemer View Post
This is the second time I've been hit by a deer. Maybe its because I drive fast most of the time. The last time was in a Toyota truck and all that happened was it hit right behind the passengers side rear tire. I wish I understood animal behavior, why the hell it thought it was a good idea to run toward the large noisy fast moving object rather than away from it.

Progressive said I'd get a call tomorrow from the adjuster. I was sweating my deductible, its $250 and I get rental car coverage too. So this isn't the end of the world, I just hope the place I want to take it to works with Progressive.
Yo I hear that w/ their logic! In my situation, I saw the deer, it saw me. It didn't go any further into the road on it's instinct so I exhaled a sigh of relief. I swear, the deer saw me putting down my guard and thought it was safe to cross too! I gave it a nasty bruise and it ran off. I cracked my bumper but that's about it. Thank God.

Anyway, hitting a deer one time is too many already. Maybe you can buy the car back and still come on top like Josh (thesk8tnmidget) said? It would be a damn shame to total that car if it only has body panel damage.
Ji Money is offline   Reply With Quote