View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
hotmilk400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusted-1 View Post

"Not to intentionally raise the sale price either but the Odometer Gears, E36 seat back repair gears are $40 each. If the gears have more value and fetch a higher price, where does the math work out? I have not recently checked but I am guessing the replacement California top motor is North of $750 if it can still be ordered.".
*Warning – Boring stuff ahead*

Hey, Wow, so I actually did not realize the price was so high for those gears! Those guys are making a killing.

So here is the deal, $50 would be the price that I would feel comfortable paying if I needed a set of replacement gears. You have a great point, if the only alternative was $750, then a set of gears should have a value at least double or triple what I am asking, but I want to make these affordable for everyone so they buy two or three sets right away. My goal is to move the 250 sets right away. It is a long story, but the shortest version is that someone else (our companies metal heat sink company) is actually investing in this mold. I got them the contract to produce it for the injection mold company, in exchange they are holding the loan and paying all of my start-up cost for the gear. They are basically selling me the gears at a much higher cost to pay off the loan. Once the loan is paid off, I can get the gears at cost and I own the mold forever. (which I want to use a an art piece until it is needed again. haha) So, this being said, it puts me in an odd spot since I have to sell the first 250 gears in a short amount of time or I broke a contract with them and I owe them the balance of the investment.

That is why I am going to start getting pre-orders. I will likely keep the price at $50 per set until it leaves the pre-order stage. Once it leaves the pre-order stage, the price will be set by the first distributor that wants to sell these. It might be $100+ but they have no rush to sell them and have huge networks and can reach way more people. I can’t undersell them, so once the price is set, I won’t be selling them at a lower cost unless you can do a bulk order from me. I don’t want to set up a store, ect, selling these, I rather ship 25 - 100 to a single reseller.

CNC,
I actually looked into it. I went to our metal guy and asked about CNC production. They suggested the mold instead. It is more feasible.

--

As for the Plastic Vent inserts for the fog lights, Yeah, anything can be made. It would be the same deal, I would need to sell at least 500 of them within a short amount of time.

Lets try to keep the forum on topic tho. you guys can PM me ideas tho, I am always down.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!

Last edited by hotmilk400; 08-10-2016 at 03:32 PM.
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote