View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #22
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansol View Post
i still think 35mpg is outrageous. i've been driving 'green' for over a week and i still can't break 27mpg on the obc.

I still say keep the civic.... for now.
the fact that ti you're considering the trade with is auto pretty much ruins its 'sellabiltiy' on forums like these... we all want the manual. autos get far less interest.

and when you get out of school, pick up a nice mint 5spd Ti
+1, I agree that fixing and selling your civic is the wise choice for your situation. If your overall goal is to get back into a civic, don't bother with the Ti because you'll definitely fall in love with it and get hooked like all of us did Seriously though, if you're sure you could sell the civic for 4k, why go through the hassle of buying, fixing and selling a Bimmer for 1 grand more than your civic? Surely you could pull together a thousand bucks in 2 years. Spend 150 bucks on a header, drive it until it sells, meanwhile saving up some cash and buy the civic of your dreams

Brian, what year is your Ti? I had a 40k mile m44 and brand new o2 sensors in my '97 prior to my s52 swap and I could swear I was getting 35+mpg. Are you running stock wheels/tires? Are they filled to the correct pressure? I used synthetic 5w-30 oil, did the seafoam treatment and replaced my plugs, man it ran smooth. Also, make sure your brakes aren't dragging.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote